Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To Our Grandchildren

When I was a little girl, my grandparents traveled throughout the United States, always bringing back movie films, pretty stones or little souvenir trinkets. It was at my grandfather's knee that I got my yearning to travel. In later years, my parents took similar trips out west and back. I waited a very long time to get to see the places they talked about.

Sadly, Bernie grew up not ever knowing his grandparents, but his family traveled a bit for band concerts, and as a young father, he took his children out to California and back.

And we were both inspired by a wonderful 80+ year old couple on a train ride in Colorado a few years ago who told us, "Don't wait too long! See as much as you can while you can!" And there is certainly a lot to see!

And so we dedicate this blog to our grandchildren: Sean and Sara Dolan, Kayla Smith, and Lucas Johnson; and our special "adopted" grand-babies, Adrienne and Zachary. We hope that you might be inspired to ask yourselves, "Where is that place? Can I go there someday?" Wherever you travel, when you learn something about whatever is around the next corner or over the next hill, know that in your hearts are the spirit of your Grandma Su and Grandpa Bernie, smiling at your adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment