Sunday, February 6, 2011

Grandpa's part


I snapped this photo earlier this week, and it speaks volumes about how B is spending his time on this trip! Sometimes he's like a kid addicted to a hand held computer game; sometimes he finds the most amazing bits of useful information. At times, I'm downright jealous of the attention that iPhone gets, or I get frustrated with our dependency on the electronic world and yearn for old fashioned common sense in navigating. Other times I'm so grateful when it leads us to the next gas station, WalMart or campground!

Yesterday was a housekeeping, shopping and beach scouring day. After dinner, I took lawn chair and light jacket to the local park where they had Movie-in-the-park night. Like going to the drive-in without a car!

This morning was cloudy and a bit cooler as we set off to visit my friends in North Port. And what a lovely afternoon we had with Paul & Dianna. Hopefully, they'll join us in Bradenton later this week for seafood dinner.

Super Bowl is on, but I'm enjoying hearing the neighbors reactions to the game more than the game itself. I do have a small wager on the Packers, however; sure glad it's one of those bets where I end up a winner either way (wink).

And I'm enjoying my second novel of the trip, Candace Bushnell's "One Fifth"

No comments:

Post a Comment