Saturday, August 20, 2011

Oregon Family

Aug 18-20

Grandpa Bernie’s brother and his wife live in Salem, OR, and part of our trip was to visit with them.


Dan and Lee

Silverton is a smaller city, rather “artsy” in Grandpa’s vernacular. In fact, we attended the Silverton Fine Arts Festival on Saturday.




There is also a classic Chevy owner’s meet here in town, some of whom are staying in the same RV campground. Very nostalgic for me, as my Dad was a Chevy man all my life, and I’ve owned a couple of classics myself.





Dan and Lee took us out to see their horses. These are French draught horses which they have “rescued”, along with several dogs and cats that are now their house pets. The horses are very large, as Dan is over 6’5” tall and needed a big horse for riding. But they are also quite gentle, and I soon overcame my anxiety around them.

Renny 

Chance

Later they drove us to Mt. Angel, a quaint little German tourist town, where we had dessert at The Glockenspiel (clock tower) and drove up to the Abbey.




We ended our weekend visit with a steak barbecue at their home in Salem, and it was a wonderful meal with heart warming conversation, an afternoon we shall long remember.

Dan & Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment